Monday, November 06, 2006

Well we got back from Baton Rouge on Friday, Nov. 3rd. I couldn't get on line, while we were gone, so I am behind in my posting.

The author's party on the 27th, at the state library was interesting. Some came dressed to the nines and others were in casual attire. We met poets, shot story writers, novelists and those who write only factual material. I think that there were agents and publisher's reps there but they kept a low profile. Someone was taking pictures, probably for the newspaper. Besides wine and beer, there was a table with all kinds of food. Tantilizing dip, from shimp to bean, crackers, cold cuts, egg rolls, chips and a dessert table, kept us busy sampling for some time as we circulated, while a stringed musical group played in the background.

The book sales on Saturday were in long tents in front of the library. I was across from Pelican Publishers. Three authors who write children's books, were signing their books. To my right was a library group, to my left a book selling company. They had many different kinds of books, some hard covers and some paperbacks.

Cajun and country bands, entertained as visitors and exhibitors alike satisfied their hunger at the food concessions that offered jambalaya, hot dogs, hamburgers and gumbo. The weather was cooperative. It was a beautiful, sunny day.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusteth in thee. [King James version]

Blessings

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pat - I'm finally here! I've read your blog and I think it's great! Love, Jeanette

12:50 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

Patricia,

Thanks for dropping by my blog, again. I'm glad to see your books are selling well! When I can allow myself to buy, again (I'm on a book budget, ick) I'll seek yours out.

In answer to your question, no, I'm not writing my Christian story idea. During Nano, I sit down and write whatever springs to mind. In this case, it happens to be the story of a television reporter and talk-show host who exposes a fraudulent author and has psychic visions. I've yet to figure out just what the visions mean and I kind of need to hurry because I'm at 36,000 words. LOL But, it's partly based on my own experiences. I believe "visions" are a gift of God, so there's some very gentle implication of Christianity in my characters.

Did you say you have another blog? I thought I saw mention of that in someone else's comments.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home