Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ecclesiastes 11:1 'Cast your bread upon the waters; for thou shalt find it after many days. ' That's from the King James verson. And this is from the NIV...'Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again.' The secular equivalent would be, "What goes around, comes around." When I was about 14 or 15 the following poem came to me.


DO FOR SOMEONE ELSE

If you can do for someone else,
You're doing for yourself,
For then you have another deed,
To put upon the shelf.

Then if you're ever down and out,
And need some help, you see,
Deeds you've done, will return,
Like bread upon the sea.

Patricia Pomeroy Tanner

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I love your poem, how true your words are. I know you have read my blog so you know I agree with this poem 100 percent.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Thanks Lori.

Many blessings to you and your family...

Patricia

10:10 AM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home