Monday, August 21, 2006

Greetings from Hideaway Ponds. I think we are going to get some rain today.

Yesterday after our chapel service, I did the Bible Story Lady. I use music, puppets, that I had crocheted and a video. The children color while they watch a Bible story. Yesterday the story was Noah's Ark.

At three p.m. Bob and I went to the ice cream social, in the club-house. They serve two huge scoops of vanilla ice cream and there is a large assortment of toppings, for $1.50. We have to get tickets from the office but if we buy 5 tickets, we get them for $6.50, a $1.50 saving. My favorite toppings are caramel and chopped nuts. Bob always goes for chocolate. Some us started playing cards, after we ate our ice cream. There were four players in our group. About 8 p.m. Bob quit and left. Then 3 more of our friends joined us, so then there were 6 of us and we played until 9:30. My partener and I didn't win...but there is always next time...besides we had a lot of fun.

I know that sometimes we as Chistians have miraculous answers to prayer. I have had instant healings and rarely do I have trouble sleeping but sometimes when I have and I have asked God for help, most of the time I barely finish the prayer and I go to sleep. However, God doesn't always take our pain or problem away because according the apostle Paul, he himself had what he called a 'thorn in his side'. He asked God to remove the 'thorn' but the Lord told him in 2 Corinthains 12:9..."My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
Paul said that the 'thorn' kept him humble.

Blessings

3 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Hi Jerry,

I am sorry to take so long in answering your note. My service was down and then when it was up it was spasmotic.

The ice cream is served in paper bowls and the scoops are larger, then the ones on cones, as the bowls hold more.

You're right about prayer. Sadly many people only connect with God when they are in trouble. That is why a scheduled daily devotion is so important.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Hi Amanda,

I am so pleased that you visited my blog. I joined the Romance Divas, at least I hope I did. As I informed Jerry, my service has been giving me fits.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Dear Pat,
I was so thrilled to find your lovely comment on my poems. It means a lot to me to have a comment by an author. I have visited your blog and plan to visit again. Warm Regards,
Sylvia Morton
Check out another blog I love.
www.passages-calif-girl.blogspot.com

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home