Thursday, August 10, 2006

Greetings from Bob and I to all of you.

Tomorrow I go to the Big Worm Books in Thibodaux for a book signing. Sometimes I bring my own books and this is one of those times.

We had shrimp for lunch today. A dear friend, gave us shrimp and oysters. We had visited his wife several times when she was in the hospital. Anyway not being a native born Louisianan, I asked another dear friend, who had at one time a catering service, how to boil the shrimp. She said to boil them for 3 minutes and then to let them set in the hot water for 20 minutes. I want to say they were superb. My smart friend gets the glory, not me.

This instruction from Jesus is sometimes very hard to do. I tell the children, who come to the Bible Story Lady that we are to love everyone but not to trust everyone. Here is what Jesus said: Luke 6:27&28 "But I say unto you that hear, love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, bless them that curse you, and pray for them who despitefully use you."

Blessings

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I am so excited for you! How big of a crowd do you get at your book signing events?

8:59 PM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

It depends on whether the store will have a slow day or a busy day. Today was slow but I never let that bother me. When I have a book signing it's exposure. The store is called the Big Worm Books.Two college grades started it. They have mostly text books for college but are also moving into a cross-over market, meaning thier going to have novels and non-fiction.

Thanks for your interest.

God's blessings,

Patricia

12:48 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

How very exciting this must have been. I am sure you are use to this, but I think it would be lots of fun meeting new people.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Yes Lori, I love to meet people. When we were at the Royal Gorge, in Colorado, last summer, I was able to do book signings there. People came from all over the world and it was really fun talking to them. Sometimes one of them would buy a book.

Bless you,

Patricia

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home