Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Good afternoon from beautiful Hideaway Ponds Recreational Resort. I am going to do something different today. I came across this blog awhile back and found this post. I thought that it was so good, so I asked the author if I could put it on my blog. She was gracious enough to allow me to copy it. Thanks Leni.

A Woman's Power
Ladies, I've gotta tell you, we have the power in our hands to, at any given moment, to completely make or break our man's day. That's kind of an awesome yet sobering thought. It takes a lot of maturity to not use that power to our advantage. If we'd only use our powers for good...mwahahahaha!!!I was raised to never depend on a man, blah, blah, blah...it surprises me how that thought sneaks in without me even realizing it. I can remember many years ago, during a particularly heated argument, when my husband accused me of manipulating him. I was SO insulted. I think rage-filled was a better term. What he didn't know (and couldn't have known) was how hard I was working on NOT manipulating him. Thing is, I thought I was doing pretty well! ;o) Pride goeth before a fall...Today was one of those occasions that I had the opportunity to bless my husband. I did, and he was SO happy. Thing is, so was I! Did you ever realize that you get blessed by blessing others? Not by gaining something from it, but just by seeing their delight, knowing that you played a hand in brightening their day.I see so many women who seem to delight in knowing that they can crush their man. I really do not see what they enjoy about that. OK, you crushed him, and now you have to live with him, and he thinks less of you. So who won? Don't get me wrong, there are days where that vindictive little voice says, "He may think he got the upper hand, but I'll show him." Please, do not confuse this voice with the "Voice of Reason."Satan will do whatever, whenever he can to tear our marriages apart. It's usually not the big things that get you, it's the little things. The pet peeves that we nurture and hang onto until being right becomes the most important thing. You can talk yourself right into hating your spouse, all because he doesn't put his laundry in the hamper! It starts off with irritation. Then you start to get annoyed that he's so disrespectful. Pretty soon, you feel nothing but contempt for this man who obviously married you to get a slave! Lest you think I'm joking, I know a man who divorced his first wife, whom he loved and continued to have a wonderful friendship with til the day he died. They divorced because she didn't keep a clean enough house, and he just couldn't abide that. Broke up a home with four children over stacks of magazines. I've talked with both of them, at length, and this is TRULY the reason they divorced.Lest you think I'm picking on one or the other, they were both pig-headed! LOL! But it does make me pause and evaluate why certain things bug me so much, and to ask myself if I'm really putting forth as much effort as I could to not push my dh's buttons. If he's really not happy with something, and I'm able to change it, why shouldn't I? Just because 'he can't make me'? Is that going to keep me warm at night?I feel like I really rambled with this post. Sorry about that. I really just wanted to say that I got a huge kick out of making his day today, and I'm looking for opportunities to do it again. Oh, and that doesn't make me a doormat. It makes me a happy wife.
posted by Leni at 3:02 PM 4 comments links to this post

11 Rules
This list is most often attributed to Bill Gates, though research leans towards that being a myth. Truthorfiction.com says "It's an excerpt from the book "Dumbing Down our Kids" by educator Charles Sykes."Honestly, I don't care who said it, it's true and it's funny. So enjoy.

RULE 1. Life is not fair - get used to it.

RULE 2. The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feelgood about yourself.

RULE 3. You will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice president with a car phone, until you earn both.

RULE 4. If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.

RULE 5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping they called it Opportunity.

RULE 6. If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

RULE 7. Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

RULE 8. Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

RULE 9. Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.

RULE 10. Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

RULE 11. Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leni said...

I finally got here to check it out! Thanks!!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home