Saturday, August 26, 2006

The sun is shining through the Dollar trees, that border the east side of the resort and grow along the outside of the duck pound. Speaking of ducks, the little ones that I wrote about on a previous post, are now grown up and they are as beautiful as they where when they were duckings. Most of them are still black and white, black on their rears and have some black on their backs but the rest of their bodies are white. They are tame as a lot of the members feed them. There is also an animal pen, that the children love. Right now there are three goats, a parrot named Dexter and several chickens living there. The chickens only go in there to be feed and roost for the night. Rabbits use to live in there but the owner turned them loose, so they roam all over the resort, along with the chickens.

I just got word that are winter camp host, S G, was just diagnosed with lung cancer. Please hold him up in prayer.

I have traveled a great deal in my life. God has greatly blessed me and my family. But when I was a teenager I had a wanderlust heart and so I was lucky to be able to satisfy it, after my children grew up. I have been reluctant to put any of my poems on here, as I plan to publish them in a book one day, but for some reason I wanted to post one that I wrote when I was about fourteen. I was gazing out the window of my study hall and this poem came to me.

OH TO BE A BIRD

Oh to be a bird
And fly or'e ocean deep,
Far across the praire land
And up the mountain, steep.

Oh to be a bird
And fly or'e hill and dale,
Up through the big blue mist
And or'e the clouds asail.

Oh to be a bird.
If mortals could but grow,
Wings that spread out wide
And soar where er'e they go!

Thank you God for allowing me to travel!

Luke 11:9...[King James] And I say to you, Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

My God bless you all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I will hold SG up in prayer.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

This is a very nice peom, I can't wait to read the rest. It would be great if you could keep posting them on your blog.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Thanks Lori. I'm a little afraid to post them, because someone might steal some of them, before I can get them published. I guess I could get them copyrighted.

How is your husband?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

My husband is doing really well. As long as he stays on his medication the tumor stays small. Thank you for praying for him. I bet you are right about someone stealing your poems. I wouldn't post them on your blog before you get them copyrighted.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Gee Jerry, thank you for your kind words and prayers for SG.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home