Friday, September 08, 2006

Good afternoon from beautiful Hide Away Ponds Recreational Resort.

I don't like house work. If I could spend my time writing, blogging, reading, playing cards and visiting with my friends, I would love it. But that's not what God expects of me. He says that I am to a keeper of the home...so I do what is necessary and try not to grumble because we read in Colossians 3:23 'Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.' Oh well, such is life. I shouldn't even think about how much I don't like the work. I have it so good. I live a life of blissful retirement in a lovely resort. What more would I want? A maid? No just kidding. I like my privacy too much for that.

This is a Bible verse that I learned when I was about 12 years old. John 3:16 NIV... 'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.' Notice it doesn't say, if you go to church regularly or if your parents were Christians or if you keep the ten commandments, or if you were baptized or if you pay tithe or if you live a good life or always do your best or donate to charity or take communion or pray or are confirmed or fast or do good works. It says. WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!

God's blessings.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

yeaa! it's so nice to meet you. i'll have to put you on my blog bookmarks, so i can visit you often.
it's exciting that you write. i'll have to check out your books. my good friend is writing some christian romances at the moment, and my sister and i have dabbled in writing, but never been published.
i am with you on the housework situation. lol. i have looked into getting a maid. it's an absolute pipe dream, but i'll keep dreaming.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Thanks Shari,

If I can help you, your sister or your friend who writes romances, let me know. I have 'been in the trences.' My books have some romance in them.

May God bless all that you and your's writes.

Patricia

7:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa Stevens said...

I just wanted to stop by your blog for a short visit. I must admit i would like to come visit in person, I might even clean for you for room and board. Really, I want to tahnk you again for the encouragement to me in my writing. I'll be in touch. God bless.
<>< Melissa

3:59 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

Patricia,

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the compliment! Your timing is awesome. I've been thinking that I'd like to try to write an inspirational novel for this year's National Novel Writing Month, but it seems so daunting - I'm not sure I have the Biblical knowledge or understanding to write one. Prayers would be appreciated!

I have a friend who writes inspirational romance, Pam. I haven't seen her in ages because I let my RWA membership lapse, but I'll bet you know her if you're involved in inspirational writing groups. I'll have to look up your novels. It's great to meet you!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

Totally forgot to mention that housework is the bane of my existence. I've been fighting my hatred of all things domestic for years and I'm currently reading The Messies Manual (in addition to all those other books you may have noticed I'm reading). It's inspiring - I finally have hope that I can get my house in order, one day. :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger patsy said...

i like your site, keep on spreading the word.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Galla Creek said...

I want to write a book too. Maybe someday I can join your ranks.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I agree about housework and lately have been getting more convicted about it. I could just write all day it seems.

Thank you for the kind comments on my blog and I will think about your kind suggestion. That would be a HUGE endeavor.

God Bless!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

bookfool, I'm with you. A clean house is a "God-sighting." Getting it that way must be from the Enemy.
Why can't we clean and read at the same time? I know, Books On Tape!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home